$85 Jesurun K8 (Hi720) Android 4.2 STB Powered by Rockchip RK3188
It looks like MK888 (aka CS918 or K-R42-1), or more exactly MK888B (Includes Bluetooth support), is now getting some competition with Jesurun K8, another Rockchip RK3188 set-top box with 2GB RAM, 8GB Flash, and Bluetooth support, that sells for as low as $80 on Aliexpress (called Hi720), and $85 on DealExtreme.
Here are the specifications listed on DX:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3188 quad core Cortex A9 @ 1.6GHz + Mali-400 MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB Flash + SD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth V2.1
- 10/100M Ethernet
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 port
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 + AV
- Audio Formats – MP3 / WMA / WAV / OGG/OGA / FLAC / APE / AAC/M4A / RM
- Video Codecs – H.264 / VP8 / RV / WMV / AVS / H.263 / MPEG4
- Power supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 14.9 cm x 9.2 cm x 2.1 cm
- Weight – 188 grams
The device is sold with a power adapter, a USB power cable (80cm), an HDMI cable (60cm), and a Chinese / English user’s manual. Screenshots confirm it’s running Android 4.2.2 (SDK V1.0), and the build number seems to indicate Hotack is the manufacturer or design house, but I could not find the product on their site.
Compared to the Bluetooth version of CS918, Jesurun K8 lacks optical S/PDIF and an IR remote, but adds an extra USB port. At $85, it’s slightly cheaper than the $93 you’d have to pay for MK888B.
Thanks to CSilie for the tip.