Do you remember MK812, a dual core mini PC with a built-in camera, and an external high-gain Wi-Fi antenna? Well, I’ve just noticed a similar device called Jesurun NX003II on DealExtreme, but instead of the dual core processor (RK3066) and 1GB RAM, it comes with Rockchip RK3188 quad core Cortex A9 processor, 2GB RAM, and yes, the camera and external antenna are still there.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3188 Quad core Cortex A9 @ 1.6Ghz with Mali-400 MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDRIII
- Storage – 8GB NAND Flash + microSD card (up to 32GB)
- Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n with external Antenna
- Bluetooth v2.1
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 (1080p, 3D support)
- Video Codecs – MPEG1/2/4, H.264, VC-1, Divx, Xvid, RM8/9/10, VP6
- Audio Codecs – MP3, WM, WMA, WAV, OGG, AAC, MPEG Audio, PCM LPCM, M4A, AC3, DTS
- Camera – Built-in 2.0MP camera
- USB – USB OTG + USB 2.0 host
- Dimensions – 10.0 cm x 4.0 cm x 1.1 cm
- Weight – 43 g
The device is sold with a power adapter, an HDMI cable (32cm), an English user manual, a USB cable (80cm), and an Antenna (40cm).
Apart from the external Wi-Fi antenna it’s very similar to Kimdecent B12, which features the same board as Measy U2C. This means, although not certain, it is likely they used the same components, including the camera. So even though Linux will certainly run on the device on PicUntu is ported to RK3188, the camera may not work in Linux, as previous work has been unsuccessful to date.
Anyway, for those wanting to use Skype or G+ Hangout on their TV without having to worry if their USB webcam will be compatible, it could be a nice little device. The external Wi-Fi antenna may or may not improve Wi-Fi performance depending on your setup. For $88.50, it’s about the same price as many other RK3188 mini PCs without camera and external antennas.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|