$33 Intex Cloud Fx Firefox OS Smartphone Coming to India
Mozilla promised $25 smartphones running Firefox OS based on a Spreadtrum Cortex A5 application processor earlier this year, mostly for emerging markets. Thanks to Intex Cloud Fx smartphone selling for 1,999 Rs ($33) in India, we’re almost there.
- SoC – Spreadtrum SC6821 @ 1.0 GHz
- System Memory – 128MB RAM
- Storage – 256MB, expandable up to 4GB via external memory.
- Display – 3.5” HVGA (480 x 320) touchscreen display
- Cellular Network – GSM:900/1800MHz. GPRS/EDGE. Dual SIM support.
- Connectivity – WiFi, Bluetooth, and FM radio
- Audio – Loudspeaker, 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Camera – 2MP rear camera
- USB – Yes (micro SD port?)
- Battery – 1250mAh lithium-ion battery (4 hours of talk time, 200 hours standby)
- Dimensions – 115.9 x 62 x 11.8mm
- Weight – 104 grams
The phone is said to come pre-loaded with Facebook and Twitter apps, some games, Whatsapp is supported via third party app/service, and it can handle English,Hindi,and Tamil languages. The phone comes with earphones, the battery, a travel charger, a data cable, a user’s manual, and a warranty card. The memory and storage will certainly limit what you can do, but this smartphone is priced like a feature phone, so certainly looks value for money.
If you are based in India, you can get it from Snapdeal.com for 1,999 Rs with free delivery. I usually mention the device should eventually show up on Aliexpress, but this smartphone appears to be manufactured in India by Intex. The company plans to sell 500,000 unit this year alone.