Up to now, mainly people were using the Internet, but now things connect to the internet without human beings intervention for data collection (sensors) in order to improve the efficiency of different systems, this is what is called the “Internet of Things”.
Watch IBM introduction to the Internet of things if you are not familiar with the concept.
NXP recently announced the JenNet-IP software will be available under an open-source licence in Q4 2011. JenNet-IP is an ultra-low-power, IEEE 802.15.4-based wireless connectivity network layer software stack.
Key features of the JenNet-IP networking software include:
- Highly robust, easily scalable, self-healing tree network proven at over 500 nodes
- Proven in a variety of residential and industrial applications, including asset management, lighting, solar and building control
- IP-based networking to enable the Internet of Things
- Gateway or non-gateway options for connection to the Internet or stand-alone operation
- Easy-to-use, elegant and extensible SNAP object-oriented API
- Highly secure: 128-bit AES encryption with secure authentication and device joining
- Future-proof for device applications and network upgrades with Over-Network Download
- Low memory footprint under 128KB
- Low cost of ownership: small memory footprint, low development complexity, royalty-free
JenNet-IP is an enhanced 6LoWPAN network layer specifically targeting ultra-low-power networking based on IEEE 802.15.4 for both residential and industrial applications. JenNet-IP is based on NXP’s proven JenNet network protocol stack (used in over 3,000 installations globally) and runs on NXP’s JN5148 ultra-low-power wireless microcontroller and modules.
Further information on JenNet-IP is available at http://www.nxp.com/jennic
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
Well, they never released it as open source.
I am looking for the iOS application that will communicate with JenNet-IP using SDK. But I’m not sure that whether along with this product will I get SDK for android and iOS or not.
Also, is there any way to test before I make my mind to buy this Product?
Waiting for your positive response asap.