Yet another software development tutorial resource this week… The Linux Foundation regularly offers paid tutorials about Linux either online or onsite, but they also have free Linux training videos on their website. There are now 7 free tutorials namely:
- How to Work with the Linux Community by LWN.net editor and kernel developer Jon Corbet (28:43) .
- Introduction to Embedded Linux by author Jerry Cooperstein (26:28).
- Linux Administration 101: Introduction to Vim by author Joe “Zonker” Brockmeier (Length unknown, video not working at the time).
- Introduction to Git by kernel developer James Bottomley (29:57).
- Introduction to Btrfs by kernel developer Chris Mason (26:48).
- Linux Virtualization Using KVM by kernel developer Christoph Hellwig (23:58).
- Six Tips For Getting Started With Open Source Compliance by Philip Koltun (16:22).
I’ve been looking for the presentation slides of these tutorials, but they do not seem to be publicly available.
They may also add more free Linux tutorials in the future, so you can register your email address on Linux Foundation website, if you would like to be notified when new tutorials become available.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|