During CarteS event, NXP has uploaded a video on YouTube showing several NFC applications that are not directly used for payment.
In the video below, you’ll see several such applications including:
- Smart Advertizement: shopping advice, movie promotion, travel info and game
- Smart Meter for meter reading and real-time power consumption monitoring via an Android device
- e-Passport with NFC Technology for faster immigration procedure.
- Secure Online Authentication
- NFC-Enable motorcycle to prevent theft
- NFC-enabled figurines to interact with video games.
- Authentication to unlock door, laptop and more.
- Gesture enabled smart card where you can use gesture to sign your own card and enable/disable it.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.