Adobe has recently release an update of its Flash Player for Android, which now supports Android 4.0 (ICS). Flash Player 11.1 is available for download on Android market.
Android ICS will be the latest Android version with support for flash, as Adobe has announced it would discontinue developing Flash past 11.1 on mobile platforms.
The update brings Flash to 184.108.40.206, and apart from Android 4.0 support, it does not bring any other new features, security enhancements or bug fixes.
Adobe still lists some know issues:
- Seeking while video is paused will not update the frame on ICS device
- StageVideo using On2 and Sorenson does not work on ICS devices
- PHDS content stops after playing for ~10 seconds
- OS does not prioritize incoming call – audio remains playing before and after call is received
- Enter key does not work on the multi-line text input field
You can download the new version of Flash for Android on Android marketplace. The new version of Adobe AIR will be available for download at http://get.adobe.com/air/
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.