Igloo Community – the team developing for ST Ericsson Snowball Nova A9500 development board – has released the second version of Android 2.3.4 for the board. It can be downloaded at http://igloocommunity.org/download/android/images/20111012/ for V3 and V5 boards.
Here are the new features and main bug fixes for this release:
- GPS support enabled
- WiFi instabilities fixed and enabled in the UI
- The browser home page crash is gone
and the known issues:
- Audio recording does not work
- Potrait mode does not work (rotating the device corrupts screen until rotated back)
- The phone app crashes (no modem support)
The flashing instructions are available at http://www.igloocommunity.org/support/Flashing_howto
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|