BSQUARE announced the availability of TestQuest 10, a new test automation technology suite that brings together key features of TestQuest Pro (automated test solution for embedded systems) and TestQuest CountDown (mobile devices and applications testing) and adds new functionality to create a new and powerful test automation solution, that aims at reducing test costs and complexity.
Here are TestQuest 10 highlights:
- Reduces per test pass costs and complexity of test case development by integrating with popular tools
- Scalable automation enables test case reuse across multiple devices increasing execution accuracy
- Supports test execution on desktop prototypes, emulators and simulators enabling test execution to start before production hardware is available
- Supports testing for devices running on Android and Windows Embedded platforms
- Improved intelligent text recognition and language capabilities — up to 92% processing speed improvement
TestQuest 10 is comprises of three components:
- Test Designer – Creates automated tests quickly for test case generation, debugging and execution
- Test Runner – Accelerates test execution cycles by running automated tests 24/7
- Device Server – Provides test connectivity to multiple, remotely located devices
TestQuest 10 reduces the cost and complexity of test case development by integrating with popular software development environment such as Microsoft Visual Studio, as well as popular software version control systems such a team foundation server (TFS) and subversion (SVN). TestQuest 10 also supports test development using any language that supports the .NET common language runtime (CLR), including C#, Visual Basic, IronPython, IronRuby, and others.
The following key test applications are available:
- Functional Testing
- Regression Testing
- Build Verification Testing
- UI Conformance Testing
- Internationalization Testing
- Stress and Performance Testing
- Compatibility Testing
- Interoperability Testing
- System Testing
- Multiple System Under Test
- End User Experience Testing
- Drive Testing
- Certification Testing
TestQuest 10 accelerates time to market by allowing test development and test execution to start with desktop prototypes, device emulators and simulators before the hardware is available. It is then possible to transit testing to production devices and execute tests without changing underlying test code.
TestQuest 10 supports test development and execution under 32- and 64-bit Windows 7 environments and various target device types including those running Android and Windows Embedded platforms. The suite also features improved intelligent text recognition (ITR) across all supported language sets.
Bsquare also improved support for internationalization and localization, especially for the Asian languages. Compared to prior test automation products, TestQuest 10 provide a 92% processing speed improvement for major European languages and up to a 40% increase in accuracy for Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.