Nokia Qt Labs has announced the very first release of Qt5 for Raspberry: QtonPi 0.1.
QtonPi 0.1 includes a pre-alpha release of Qt 5, but Qt 5 alpha will be part of the next release. So bear in mind that it’s likely to be buggy and some features are missing.
This release is includes:
- Base Layer
- Fedora RPM Packages plus some additional Raspberry Pi specific packages
- Linaro GCC 4.5.4 toolchain
- QtonPi image creator and sysroot tools
- Documentation on how to get toolchain + sysroot + Qt Creator working to Develop Apps
- Qt 5 running on full-screen EGFS mode
The release can be downloaded via:
deb http://archive.qmh-project.org/rpi/debian/ unstable main
to /etc/apt/sources.list and run the following commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install qt50-snapshot
This will install the snapshot in /opt/qt50-snapshot where you can access the binaries (e.g. qmlscene) and samples.
To get started with QtonPi, you can go to http://wiki.qt-project.org/QtonPi/Create#QtonPi_App_SDK
If you find issues with QtonPi, you can use QtonPi JIRA to submit Bug Reports and Feature Requests.
Finally, if you are interested in what’s next for Qt5 on Raspberry Pi, you can check out QtonPi Roadmap.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|