ADLINK Technology has recently unveiled the SP-860 Smart Panel, a panel computer combining an 8″ LCD and a TI Cortex A8 Sitara AM3517 processor with 256 MB RAM, 2GB flash, 2 Ethernet ports and WiFi/BT connectivity, targeted at industrial applications such as Point-of-Sales (POS), stationary displays, and outdoor/ruggedized operations.
Here are ADLINK SP-860 Specifications:
- CPU – TI Sitara AM3517 Cortex-A8 processor @ 600 MHz with Power-VR SGX 3D graphics accelerator
- Main Memory- 256 MB DDR2 DRAM
- Storage – 2 GB NAND Flash (4GB Optional) + SD Card slot
- LCD – 8″ 4:3 panel, resolution: 800 x 3 (RGB) x 600 with LED backlight and an optional 4-wire resistive touch sensor.
- Ethernet – 1 internal LAN Port 10/100 Mbps MAC+PHY and 1 external 10/100 Mbps controller
- Wireless – Wi-Fi / Bluetooth IEEE 802.11b/g/n & BT 2.1 + EDR
- CAN BUS – Internal High-End CAN 2.0b Controller
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 ports
- Audio – 1x Line in / 1x Line out
- CCDC Bus (Video Input Bus)
- S-Video video output
- MMC/SD/SDIO interface (if BT/WiFI module not used)
- 2x UART
- 3x I2C, McSPI (Multi-channel Serial Port Interface) and McBSP (Multi-channel Buffered Serial Port)
- Power – +5V DC +/- 5% – 13W (TDP)
- Dimension – 196 mm x 144 mm
- Weight – 516.6 g
- Operating Temperature – 0°C to 60°C
- Storage Temperature – -30°C to 80°C
- Humidity – 0 – 90% @ 40°C (non-condensing)
- Certification – CE, FCC Class A/B
The panel supports Linux 2.6.32, WinCE 6.0 and Android 2.3.4 operating systems.
AdLink also provides a SP-860 starter kit which comes preloaded with Linux (in NAND flash), and can also be booted from a micro-SD card. SP-860 Smart Panel Computer running Linux can be configured via the RS232 port with hyperterminal/minicom, and the device is unbrickable as the OS can be restored from a micro-SD backup in case the NAND flash is erased.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|