Olimex announced the first 10 prototypes of OLinuXino development board. Started in March of this year, OLinuXino is a development board based on Freescale i.MX233 aiming to provide a low cost (30 Euros) open source hardware and software single board computer to run Linux.
Here are the specifications of OLinuXino single board computer:
- Freescale iMX233 454Mhz ARM9 processor
- 64MB of RAM
- Linux bootable image from SD-CARD
- TV-Video Output
- USB host for Keyboard, camera, WiFi, etc interfacing
- UEXT connector and GPIO connectors with the same style as DuinoMite so that developers can add external modules supporting Zigbee, Bluetooth, RFID readers, relays, switches, sensors, etc…
The company also plans to provide 2 plug-in modules for this board:
- iMX-LCD – a 4.3″ TFT 24 bit color LCD with touchscreen (EUR 30)
- MX-HUB – A board adding 2 USB hosts and Ethernet (EUR 15)
[Update: The company will actually make 2 versions of this board: The MINI and the MAXI (pictured above). The MAXI version will have 2 USB 2.0 host ports and 10/100Mbit Ethernet, whereas the MINI version will just have one USB 2.0 host port. Price is 29.95 Euros for MINI and 44.95 Euros for MAXI with cheaper prices for larger quantities. Check http://www.olimex.com/dev/pricelist.html for details]
The first ten boards will be used for testing and further software development, and the company expects to have the firsst mass production batch ready in May..
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|