Arrow Electronics and Boundary Devices have launched the Nitrogen6X, a low cost development kit based on Freescale i.MX6 quad-core cortex A9 processor.
Here are the technical specifications of the Nitrogen6X board:
- Quad-Core ARM Cortex A9 processor at 1GHz (i.mx6Quad)
- 1 GB of 64-bit wide DDR3 @ 532MHz
- Board Dimensions: 4.5″ x 3″
- 2MB Serial Flash
- Three display ports (PRGB, LVDS, HDMI)
- Parallel camera port with OV5642 Interface
- Multi-stream-capable HD video engine delivering 1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode and 3-D video playback in HD
- Superior 3-D graphics performance with quad shaders for up to 200 Mt/s
- Separate 2-D and/or Vertex acceleration engines for an optimal user interface experience
- Serial ATA (SATA)
- Dual SDHC card slots
- PCI express port
- Analog (headphone/mic) Audio
- 10/100/1G Ethernet with Power over Ethernet support
- 2 RS-232 Serial ports
- 10-pin JTAG interface
- 3 High speed USB ports (2xHost, 1xOTG)
- CAN port
- TiWi 802.11 b/g/n WiFi+BT optional
- Supports Android 4.0, Embedded Linux, and WinCE7.0 Operating Systems.
If you think it looks an awful lot like the Freescale i.MX6 Sabre Lite development board and noticed the specifications seem identical, that must be because they are the same (see the “Sabre Lite” marking on the PCB).
The companies also said they would provide several accessories with the board including:
- 5MP OV5642 Camera
- 7” 800×480 TTL display with 4-wire resistive touch
- 7” 1024×600 LVDS display with PCAP multi-touch,
- Android Button board
I could not find it on arrow.com, but since they (quietly) announced it, it should be available for sale shortly. I understand Arrow Electronics will have exclusivity on the board. No pricing nor availability was released.
You may find further details on Nitrogen6X page on Boundary Devices website.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|