Here’s another tiny device based on AllWinner A10 processor. The MINI X is an Android 2.3.4 set-top box with 512MB RAM and 4GB NAND Flash that costs 77.50 USD including worldwide shipping.
Here are the device specifications:
- CPU – AllWinner A10 (Cortex A8) with Mali-400 GPU
- Memory – 512MB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 4GB NAND Flash, microSD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.3
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Video Formats – MKV, TS, TP, M2TS, RM/RMVB, BD-ISO, AVI, MPG, VOB, DAT, ASF, TRP, FLV etc
- Video Codecs – MPEG1/2/4, H.264, VC-1, Divx, Xvid, RM8/9/10, VP6
- Subtitle – SRT, SUB, IDX, SSA, SMI
- Audio Formats – MP3, ACC, OGG, WMA, WAV, M4A, APE
- Image format – JPG, BMP,GIF, TIF, PNG
- IR Remote Control
- Dimension: 72 x 61 x 13mm
- Weight: 51g
This device is half-way between the MK802 HDMI stick and the Mele A1000 STB. It has about the same hardware specifications (and price) as the MK802, but is about twice the size and comes with a IR Remote Control and an extra USB 2.0 host port. There is no Ethernet port, SATA connector nor VGA and composite outputs, so it you need one of those ports, you’d be better off with the larger and slightly more expensive Mele A1000. The MINI X is the only A10 device I’ve seen with an external Wi-Fi antenna which might be an advantage for WiFi performance and range.
You can find more pictures and a 12-minutes video demo of the device on lowyat forums.
If you are interested in this device, you can buy it for 77.50 USD on Dealextreme.
Update: For those who want to buy in large quantities, MINI X manufacturer is PineRiver.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|