BeagleBoard.org has recently announced that over 20 plug-in boards (called Capes) are now available for the BeagleBone, an open hardware board powered by TI Sitara AM335x Cortex A8 processor. Capes allow to expand the abilities of the board via two 46-pin headers. Each cape has those 2 headers as well, and up to 4 capes can be stacked on a Beaglebone as long as the pins do not conflict…
Here are some of the available capes:
BeagleBone LCD7 Cape – Features a 7-inch TFT LCD screen with 4-wire resistive touch and five user buttons.
- BeagleBone Camera Cape – Allows you to add a camera via QuickLogic CSSP camera interface solution connected via the GPMC (General Purpose Memory Controller) bus of the Beaglebone.
- BeagleBone Weather Cape – Includes temperature, barometric pressure, humidity and ambient light sensors.
- BeagleBone DVI-D Cape – Provides a DVI-D interface, which can be handy since there is no video output on the beaglebone.
- BeagleBone Breakout Cape – Provides access to the various BeagleBone components during troubleshooting.
- BeagleBone Breadboard
- BeagleBone CANBus Cape – Makes use of DCAN1 interface of AM335x processor, enabling interfacing to automotive components and motor controllers.
- BeagleBone RS232 Cape
- BeagleBone Battery Cape
A total of 23 plug-in boards are available right now, and 2 are still in development (WiFi and Memory Expansion capes).
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|