Pandawill has added a new device called “OEM MK802 mini Android TV Box” to its catalog. It looks like the “original” MK802 mini PC as you can see from the picture below, but this PC-on-a-stick is based on Telechips TCC8920 (Cortex A5) processor instead.
The specifications on Pandawill read as follows:
- CPU – Telechips Tcc8920; Cortex A5, 1GHz; GPU: Mali 400
- RAM – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 4GB Nand Flash + microSD card slot (up to 16GB)
- Video output- HDMI 1080P (60Hz)
- WIFI – 802.11 b/g/n
- USB – 1 OTG port + 1 USB Host
- Dimensions – 88.5 x 35 x 12mm
- Weight – 25g
The package includes a USB Cable, a DC? Cable, an English User Manual and an HDMI Cable, and this sells for $49.99. This is not a bad price actually, but they should really have given another name to this device. This shows you always have to be careful when you buy from Chinese websites, as you can just not return the product so easily. They often make mistakes in the specifications, or “tweak” the specifications to make their product look better, probably with reasoning such as:
- 800 MHz = 0.8 GHz which can be rounded to 1 GHz.
- 533 MHz Dual core processor: 533 MHz * 2 = 1066 MHz ~ 1.1 GHz, but there’s no 1.1 processors, so let’s round it to 1.2 GHz => 1.2 GHz dual core processor. Or maybe they add the GPU clock in there.
Many sellers also use keyboard stuffing (e.g. MK802, AllWinner, Cheapest…) to sell other mini-PCs that use some other processors, which may increase traffic to their online store, but leads to buyers confusion and does nothing to improve the reputation of Chinese e-stores.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|