Olimex has announced that they started shipping A13-OLinuXino-WIFI-DEV, an AllWinner A13 development board with 512 MB, 4GB and a Realtek RTL8188CU Wi-Fi module that costs 55.00 Euros with free shipping by courier for a limited time. They announced the start of this project late April, so it took them just 3 months to bring this board to to market.
The board has the following specs:
- SoC – AllWinner A13 Cortex A8 processor at 1GHz, 3D Mali400 GPU
- Memory – 512 MB RAM
- Storage – 4GB NAND flash + SD Card slot
- Power – 6-16VDC input power supply, noise immune design
- USB – 3 + 1 USB Host, 3 available for users and 1 for Wi-Fi module + 1 USB OTG port
- Wi-Fi – WIFI RTL8188CU 802.11n 150Mbit module on board
- Video output – VGA video output + LCD signals available on connector.
- Audio Output / Input
- RTC – PCF8536 on board
- 5 Keys on board for android navigation
- UEXT connector for connecting addtional UEXT modules like Zigbee, Bluetooth, Relays, etc
- GPIO connector with access to signals for: NAND flash, LCDs, 8x GPIOs, 3x I2C, 2x UARTs; SDIO2, and 5 system pins: +5V, +3.3V, GND, RESET, NMI
This board will ship pre-installed with Android 4.0 image, but preliminary versions of Slackware and Ubuntu are said to run on the board. Please note that this board (Rev. B) is for early developers and a few things still need to be ironed out such as VGA output, proper Linux support etc… Once all major issues are fixed, Olimex will sell an updated board (if hardware changes are needed).
This is an open hardware board with access to:
- Hardware files (Schematics and PCB layout) – https://github.com/OLIMEX/OLINUXINO/tree/master/HARDWARE
- Source code and documentation – Not in Olimex repo (yet?), because both are available via Linux-suni website. They also mentioned that A13-SDK source code (Android and Linux Kernel 3.X) will be uploaded later, but not sure where yet.
Support is available via OLinuXino Yahoo Group and #olimex irc channel.
You can get more information and/or purchase the board on A13-OLinuXino page.