Remote Solution, a small technology company based in
Hong Kong South Korea, has shown off an Android 4.0 powered keyboard controlling an Android STB at CES 2013. The device is designed to be used as an advanced TV remote control, looks like a small tablet with 8 control button, and can be inserted into a full sized QWERTY keyboard for faster typing.
The specifications are as follows:
- SoC – ARM Cortex-A8 processor @ 720 MHz (I’d guess a TI OMAP3 or Sitara processor at this freq)
- System Memory – 512MB RAM
- Storage – 2GB flash
- Display – 3.5″ touchscreen display (480 x 320)
- Connectivity – WiFi and Bluetooth
- Misc – IR port to be used as a universal remote.
The touchscreen allows you to launch apps on your TV, move a cursor by using a virtual touch-pad, use an on-screen keyboard (when the screen is not connected to the keyboard), enter voice-commands via the built-in microphone, etc…
There’s currently no pricing or availability information availability.
and the company does not appear to have a website. There’s no mention about this device in the company website, but this could be part of their TSR series.