Droid Stick A2 mini PC does not come rooted, so here’s a simple rooting guide for the device. First, make sure you’ve installed the latest firmware, then follow the instructions below (Source: ARMTvTech):
- Copy update_Superuser.zip to the root of a micro SD card.
- Insert the microSD card to Droid Stick A2, and power the device
- Go the Apps menu in Android, and launch “Upgrade” app.
- Select Local Upgrade
- Select update_Superuser.zip
- Select Reboot And Install Package
- Let the update go through, and let it boot to Android.
You should now have root access. This method deleted old version of su and Superuser.apk, copies su to /system/bin & Superuser.apk to /system/app, and changes permissions on those files. It may also work on other AMLogic AML8726-M1 / M3 / MX based devices. If you are interested in knowing exactly what it does, unzip update_Superuser.zip, and open /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script.
For some reasons, the first time I tried, it failed to create a symlink to su, and after the first boot I got the Android Home Screen for phones, without access to mouse or keyboard. A reboot recovered access to the proper user interface and access to mouse and keyboard. My second try with the steps described above finally succeeded to root the device.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|