The guys at androidpc.es have acquired a Kimdecent T21 mini PC (aka GV-21) based on the dual core Nufront NS115 processor, and posted instructions to root Kimdecent T21 in Spanish (and now in English) before writing a full review which should be posted next week.
Here are the English instructions below:
- Download Moborobo and install it.
- Moborobo need to install unsigned drivers. By default, Windows 8 is not too happy with unsigned drivers, and you’ll have to follow these instructions, if you use that OS.
- Download ROOT-T21 and uncompress it.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled in your mini PC (Settings –> Developer Options)
- Install Moborobo Daemon from Google Play.
- Start Moborobo in the PC
- Execute ROOT_T21_GV-21_V01.bat inside ROOT-21 folder and follow the instructions.
- Moborobo needs to reconnect with T21 via Wi-Fi when the ROOT programs requires it.
- Once the procedure is complete, you can download and install SuperSU, as well as the latest version of Busybox.
Those instructions may also work for the few other Nufront NS115 Android devices, mainly tablets such as Acho C905t, that are currently available. In case something goes wrong, better make sure you have the firmware before trying those instructions on another device or even T21 (Firmware is available on Kimdecent website).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|