Earlier this month, Atmel launched SAMA5D3 Cortex A5 embedded processor family, and Ronetix recently unveiled CPU modules based on the platform. SAMA5D3x-CM are SODIMM SoM based on SAMA5D3 series processor with 512MB DDR2, 256MB NAND Flash, 4MB SPI Flash, and Gigabit Ethernet.
The key features of the modules are as follows:
- MCU – AT91SAMA5D3x series, 536 MHz ARM Cortex-A5 @ 1.2V (SAMA5D31, SAMA5D33, SAMA5D34 or SAMA5D35)
- System Memory – 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM, 32-bit
- 256 MB NAND Flash
- 16 MB NOR Flash (optional)
- 4 MiB Atmel SPI Flash
- One Wire 1024-bits EEPROM and 64-bits ROM
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000 MBit/s Ethernet
- Dimensions – 67.6x40mm (SO-DIMM 200 JEDEC MO-274 module)
- Temperature range – 0° +70°C or -40° to +85° C
SAMA5D3-CM boards support Linux 3.6.9 and Android 4.0. Those are actually the modules used in Atmel SAMA5D3 evaluation kits, so Linux and Android support, starter kits, as well as documentation (except schematics and PCB docs), directly point to at91.com on Ronetix website. The company can also provide PEEDI, “a JTAG Emulator and Flash Programmer capable to program in standalone mode NOR Flash devices, NAND Flash devices with JFFS2 image or bootloader, DataFlash devices.” According to SAMA5D3 Series Evaluation Kits User-Guide, Ronetix is not the only company providing SAMA5D3 CPU modules for Atmel evaluation kits, as Embest modules are also available, but I could not find any info on those.
You can find more information on Ronetix SAMA5D3x-CM page.
Via Embedded Star.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|