We’ve previously seen a smartphone with dual display with the Yota phone featuring both a standard LCD display on one side and an E-ink display on the other. Notion Ink Adam II brings dual display capabilities to tablet, but instead of featuring an E-Ink display on the other side, it comes with an STN Black & White display on the side of the device to show you notifications.
Here are the specs of this Android 4.2.2 tablet :
- SoC – TI OMAP4470 dual-core Cortex-A9 @ 1.5 GHz CPU + PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB RAM
- 10.1″, 1280 x 800 pixel IPS display
- Secondary STN (black and white LCD display) for notifications
- Connectivity – 802.11b/g/n WiFi + Bluetooth
- Camera – 2MP cameras on the front and back
- Video Output – HDMI
- Battery – 6000mAh (Up to 10 hours battery life)
The secondary display will certainly help prolonging battery life, if people are OK with reading their notifications on the side display, instead of simply checking them straight into the main screen…
Liliputing reports the device should sell
for about $220 [Update: We actually don’t know the price yet…], but no availability date was provided.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
One Reply to “Notion Ink Adam II Android Tablet Features a Secondary Notification Display”
It turns out it’s actually a monochrome LCD secondary display, not E Ink.