iPazzPort SY-20-19VC, aka iPazzPort Pearl, is an Android 4.1.1 set-top box powered by Rockchip RK3066 that comes bundled with with a dual sided RF remote with a QWERTY keyboard, touch pad, and voice support. That’s pretty common these days. The design however, is somewhat original, as once you’re done watching videos or playing games, you can put back the remote into an opening in the set-top box to store it and recharge it, and it may prevent you from losing the remote under the pillows, and the remote will be fully charged most of the time.
Here are the specifications of this media player:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3066 @ 1.6GHz + Mali-400 MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 4GB + micro SD card slot (up to 32GB, or is it 16GB?)
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
- 10/100M Ethernet
- 3G via external USB 3G dongle
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 + AV (3.5mm jack)
- Audio Output – HDMI + AV
- Video Codecs – H.264, VP8, RV, WMV, AVS, H.263, MPEG4
- Audio Formats/Codecs – MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG/OGA, FLAC, APE, AAC/M4A, RM
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 + 1x mini USB
- Camera – Built-in 1.3MP or 2.0 MP camera
- Power Supply – 5V / 2A
- Dimensions – Base: About 120 mm x 80 mm (height). Remote: 158x60x15.4 mm
The device (also referred to as iPazzport Command Center) comes with an HDMI cable (151cm), a composite cable (97 cm), a power adapter (100~240V / 110cm), a USB cable (120cm), an air mouse, and a user’s manual in English. The air mouse comes with a 400mAh battery, which is said to good for 400 hours use on a charge.
I’ve first seen the device on DealExtreme where it’s available for $135.90, but it’s also available on Amazon and Newegg for similar prices, and as low as $109 on Aliexpress including shipping. Considering this type of RF remote with microphone and speaker costs about $30 to $40, the price on Aliexpress seems quite OK.
Further information, including the user’s manual, is available on iPazzport SY-20-19VC page.
Thanks to joey6666 for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|