EPICT EPP-100 is a tiny Android 4.2 device with features similar to many Android mini PCs or set-top boxes, and is based on AllWinner A20 SoC with 512MB RAM and 4GB Flash, but the features that makes it different is a 35-lumens pico-projector capable of outputting an 80″ picture.
Here are the specifications of the devices listed on Pandawill:
- SoC – AllWinner A20 Dual core ARM Cortex-A7 Dual-Core with ARM Mali-400 MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 512MB RAM
- Storage – 4GB NAND Flash + micro SD card slot (Up to 32GB)
- Projector – Resolution 800 x 480, 35 Lumens, Up to 80″
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 Host, 1x micro USB OTG
- Audio – 3.5 mm jack for headphone
- Power – Standby Time: Up to one week
- Dimensions – 68 x 62 x 57mm
- Weight – 210g (without the stand)
The package includes a power adapter and a USB cable. I can only find the device on Pandawill, where it’s available for $220.99, so I can’t double check the specs. The “Standby time: up to one week” part seems to imply there’s a battery (AllWinner showcased a pico projector with battery a while back), but there’s no mention of any battery in the specs. The device is also shown with a stand, but I’m not quite sure if it’s included or not. 512MB RAM is rather low by today’s standards, and may lead to some issues in Android. The resolution (800×480) may seem low, but it’s the same as the Lumitab / SmartQ U7 Tablet, and reviews pointed out the results are actually decent with that resolution.
You can watch a demo video below shot by Pandawill where they used an iPazzport RF remote control, and Hero mini Bluetooth speakers with the device. The model is “CB 100V2” in the About section in Android, and the SoC a “Super Dualcore A20” :).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|