Last month, I wrote about Microduino, a tiny Arduino compatible board about the size of a coin. Olimex has also being working on their own tiny version of the Arduino board, OLIMEXINO-NANO, slightly larger than Microduino (30x30mm vs 25.4×27.94mm) but also featuring the UEXT connector which is an advantage if your own or plan to use UEXT expansion boards, but it could be an inconvenience if you don’t, as the connector is a little bulky.
Here are the specs of the board:
- MCU – Atmel ATMega32U4 processor (Leonardo compatible) with 2.5KB RAM, 32KB flash memory, and 1KB EEPROM.
- Storage (external) – microSD card connector for data logging on SD-card
- USB – micro USB connector for programming and power supply when debugging
- Misc – RESET button, USER button, 2x status LEDs
- Expansion Connectors:
- UEXT connector for RF, Zigbee, Ethernet, RELAY, RGB LED, etc UEXT modules
- Connector 14 pin 0.05″
- Connector 20 pin 0.05″
The 14 and 20 pin connectors are used to connect shields to OLIMEXINO-NANO. Shields in development currently include a battery power supply, and a breadboard shield. A Bluetooth 4.0 BLE shield is also in the work, but prototypes are not available right now.
Production is expected to take place in November this year, and pricing information is not available at this time, but should be similar to OLIMEXINO-32U4 (12.95 Euros on Olimex).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|