ISEE made a call to developers late 2012, asking them what features they’d like for an OMAP5 board. IGEPv5 board is now nearly completed, and people can register their interest to receive the development board in January 2014.
- SoC – Texas Instruments OMAP5432 dual core Cortex A15 up to 2GHz with POWERVR SGX544 dual-core GPU, and TMS320DMC64x DSP
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 RAM expandable to 4GB
- Storage – Up to 32GB eMMC i-NAND, microSD socket, and mSATA2.0 Interface
- Ethernet controller: 1 x 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet PHY controler (RJ45)
- Wifi: 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Antenna: Internal Wifi/BT Antenna
- USB – 1 x USB 3.0 OTG (miniAB receptable), 4 x USB 2.0 Host (Type A receptable)
- Video – 1 x microHDMI (Video + Audio)
- Audio – 1 x Stereo Audio In (Stereo minijack), 1 x Stereo Audio Out (Stereo minijack)
- Debugging – DEBUG SERIAL CONSOLE via RS232 (DB9), and 1x JTAG
- Misc – RTC, Keypad matrix,1 x Power LED, 3 x User LEDs, 1 x User Button, 8 x Switch (boot config, reset, etc.), 1 x UFL RF connector for external Wireless antenna
- Expansion connectors:
- Access to USB, UART, SPI, I2C, MMC, I2S / McBSP / SSI, Display Port, 24-bit Parallel Display Interface, Serial Display Interface, Serial Camera interfaces, 16-bit parallel Camera interface, and GPMC
- 30 pin Audio expansion (mic, Line in, Aux, McPDM, etc.)
- 30 pin Battery and Power management interface
- Dimensions – 135x95mm
- Operating Temperature Range – -40 to 85ºC
IGEPv5 comes preloaded with a firmware consisting of a minimal Linux-based distribution composed of U-boot, the Linux kernel, and a rootfs build with Yocto featuring a lite X Window System with GNOME Mobile based applications.
The company will also provide development tools namely: IGEP SDK Yocto Toolchain, IGEP SDK Virtual Machine, IGEP DSP Gstreamer Framework, and IGEP QEMU emulator. Hardware and software manuals, schematics, mechanical drawings and software will be made available too. Support will be provided via IGEP community.
Pricing is not available yet, but you can already reserved your board now by contacting ISEE’s sales department at [email protected], with the board shipping in January 2014.
You may get further information on ISEE IGEPv5 page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.