So far the only products I’ve seen selling with Firefox OS are entry-level phone such as ZTE Open. Mozilla is now also working on Firefox OS for tablets, with the chosen tablet being InFocus New Tab F1, powered by AllWinner A31 quad core processor with 2GB RAM, and featuring a 10.1″ IPS capacitive multi-touch screen.
Here are the specs of the tablet:
- SoC – AllWinner A31 quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor @ 1.0GHz with PowerVR SGX544MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB Flash + micro SD slot
- Display – 10.1″ IPS capacitive multi-touch screen @ 1280×800
- Camera – 2MP front camera, 5MP rear camera
- Connectivity – 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS,
- Sensors – Gyroscope
- USB – micro USB port
- Audio – Headphone jack, speakers
- Battery – 7000 mAh
- Dimensions – 266 x 170 x 9.7 mm
- Weight – 580 g
This mid-range tablet originally runs Android 4.2.2, but Mozilla has chosen it for its Firefox OS development program, and appears to have named the tablet “flatfish”.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.