We finally get a product based on AllWinner Quad Core A7 SoC! The Onda V972 is a 9.7″ inch tablet features the latest AllWinner A31 quad-core A7 processor with an 8 core Power VR SGX544MP2 GPU, 2GB RAM & 16 GB Flash, and running Android 4.1 Jelly bean (Upgradable to 4.2).
Here are the full specifications of this tablet:
- SoC – AllWinner A31 Quad Core A7 + 8 Core Power VR SGX544MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB Flash + microSD socket
- Display – 9.7″ capacitive touchscreen IPS display (Resolution: 2048*1536)
- Camera – 5.0MP rear camera with Auto Focus and 2.0MP front camera
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with Wi-Fi Display and Direct support
- USB – USB 3.0 port. 3G support via external dongle.
- Video Out – HDMI – Apparently only 1080p, not 4K TBC.
- Video Playback – 4K HD Video Playback supporting MP4/3GP/3G2/RM/RMVB/ASF/FLAC/APE/MOV etc…
- Audio Codecs – MP3/WMA/FLAC/APE/WAV/RA/Ogg/MIDI/3GP etc.
- Audio Out- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Sensor – Gravity
- Battery – 8000mAh Li-Poly lasting 8 to 10 hours on a single charge.
- Dimensions – 242*187.5*9.8mm
- Weight – 649 grams
The tablet will come with a charger and a USB cable, and be sold for $239.99 starting mid-December. According to some screenshots found on Gizmochina, the Power VR GPU in AllWinner A31 provides twice of performance of Tegra 3 and 0.9 the performance of the GPU in the new iPAD. Even though Onda has cut some corners to keep the price low (e.g. no Bluetooth) this is a high-end tablet competing with 10″ Tegra 3 tablets, and to some extents the new iPAD and Google Nexus 10, although the CPU performance will be much slower.
You can visit Onda V972 page for details
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.