Usuda Research Institute & Systems Corporation has just announced U-BRAIN MicroSmart, a tiny and lightweight 3D modules module with a “15-axis” sensor, 5 GPIOS, as well as optional Zigbee and Bluetooth connectivity allowing up to 100 meter range. The module targets wearable devices used for fitness and health applications.
- Processor – MCU + DSP
- Sensors – 6-axis position sensors, 3-axis posture sensor, 3-axis direction sensor, 1 temperature sensor, 1 audio sensor, and 1 light sensor.
- Connectivity – Optional? Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR or ZigBee with up to 100 meter range.
- GPIO – 5 GPIOS, TTL.
- Power Consumption – 10 mA max during use, 100 uA max in sleep mode
- Power – Via microUSB port
- Dimensions – 20 x 19 x 3.8 mm
- Weight – 2g to 5g depending on presence and selection of communication module
The module will support Windows XP/Vista/7/9.0/8.1, Android 2.3 and greater, iOS, Linux, Unix and ITRON RTOS. Middleware and software tools to handle signals and motion control will be provided, and products like Google Earth and Unity are also supported.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|