After their Aria G25 clone, called CORE9G25, CoreWind Tech has now launched a new SoM, WiFiG25, also powered by Atmel SAM9G25 ARM9 processor, but this time with a WiFi Module based on Realtek RTL8188, and up to 256 MB RAM, 256 MB Flash.
- CPU – Atmel AT91SAM9G25 ARM9 @ 400Mhz
- System Memory – 128 or 256 MB DDR2
- Storage – 256MB NAND Flash, micro SD card slot
- Connectivity – WiFi Module with internal antenna
- 2x20Pin 2.54mm expand interface (through holes) with access to 2x USB host ports, 3x UART, 1x I2C, 1x SPI, 6x PWM, 27x GPIOs, and 4x 10-bit ADC
- Line level – TTL 3.3V
- Misc – User LED
- Power supply – 5V
- Dimensions – Size: 50.80 x 30 mm
- Weight – 5g
- Temperature range – Commercial: 0 to 70 °C, or industrial: -20 to 85 °C
The company provide Linux 3.6.9 for the board, as well as a rootfs built with buildroot bootable from NAND (and pre-installing), and a Debian image that can boot from micro SD card. You can find documentation for builroot and Debian on the company’s website, as well as some more details on AT91.com. Schematics (PDF) and mechanical information (PNG) are both available online.
WiFiG25 SoM is available now, and at least until 2023 (10 years availability), for price ranging between $29.90 to $45 depending on RAM configuration, and temperature range options. Further information is available on CoreWind Tech WiFiG25 page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.