When I think about $50 tablets, I think about 512MB RAM, 4GB flash, 800×480 resolution display and so on… But there’s currently a 7″ quad core Android tablet (eZee Tab 7Q11-L) that sells for $46.99 on BuyinCoins including shipping, which has some slightly better specs with 1GB RAM, 8GB flash, and a 1024×600 resolution touchscreen display.
- SoC – Action Semi ATM7029B quad core Cortex A5 class processor @ 1.3Ghz with PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND flash and micro SD slot up to 32GB.
- Display – 7″ multi-touch capacitive touch screen with 1024 x 600 resolution
- Video Output – micro HDMI
- Audio Output – 3.5mm audio jack, speaker
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, optional? Bluetooth (RTL8723AS-VT)
- Camera – 0.3MP front camera
- Sensors – Accelerometer, “automatic steering display screen”, G-sensor
- Misc – Volume +/-, power and home buttons
- Power Supply – 5V/1.5A via micro USB port
- Battery – 2,800 mAh battery
- Dimensions – 19.10cm x 11.60cm x 1.15cm
- Weight – 330 grams
The tablet runs Android 4.1, and ships with a data cable, and a power adapter. I could also find this tablet model, on a French website, which has slightly different specs, i.e. 4GB storage instead of 8GB. 1.3MP camera, and Android 4.2, so it’s quite possible the specs listed in BIC are not fully correct, with the downside being you may end up with just 4GB flash. Nevertheless, a quad core tablet, albeit for a weak CPU and GPU, will all these features for $47, is quite a deal, and you could even consider it instead of a quad core mini PC considering it also features a micro HDMI port.
Thanks to onebir for the tip.
Since I’m talking about cheap tablets in this post, I’ll also mention the latest CUBE iWork7 powered by Intel Z3735 SoC and running Windows 8.1 (with Bing), selling for just about $65 (399 CNY) in China. I would not normally write about Windows only tablets, but since many people believe Windows + Intel = expensive, I wanted to show it may not always be the case. If you want to use Office however, price goes to 599 CNY (~$98).
- SoC – Intel Atom Z3735G quad-core processor, with Intel HD graphics
- System Memory – 1GB RAM
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash
- Display – 7″, 1280 x 800 pixel IPS display
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi and 3G (China only?)
- Video Output – (micro?) HDMI output
- Camera – Front and rear cameras
- Battery – Up to 8 hours of battery life.
- Dimensions – 5.5 mm thick
- Weight – 280 grams
The tablet may eventually be available on Aliexpress for prices that could be around $85 to $90, but unless you can read Chinese, you should probably not buy it, as Windows 8.1 have different versions depending on supported languages. It could also be possible Chinese sellers install the version supporting your language, but I’m not sure how (legally) feasible that is, and it would certainly slightly increase the price, if they need to install a specific version depending on your language of choice.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|