Android media players powered by Amlogic S805 quad core processor such as TV110 are already pretty cheap at around $60, but there’s currently a deal on Gearbest where you can get MXQ S85 for less than $50 without Bluetooth and about $55 with Bluetooth by using BackToSchool8 coupon to get 8% discount. Prices include shipping.
- SoC – Amlogic S805 quad core ARM Cortex A5 @ 1.5GHz with quad core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1 GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 GB NAND flash + micro SD slot (up to 32GB)
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and optional Bluetooth 4.0.
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4, AV output
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, optical S/PDIF
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports + 1 x micro USB OTG port
- Misc – IR sensor
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 11.4x 11.4 x 2.3 cm
- Weight – 137 grams
The box ships with a power adapter, HDMI and AV cables, 1x OTG cable. an IR remote control, and user’s manual. The operating is Android 4.4.2. There’s no mention of Wi-Fi module, but it’s likely the version without Bluetooth features AP6181 (2.4Ghz Wi-Fi), and the other AP6210 (Wi-Fi + BT). This type of device should be good if you only plan to play 1080p videos (no 4K), and require HEVC video playback.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.