Mele PCG03 Intel Quad Core mini PC Sells for $49 and Up (Factory Price)

Mele is currently showcasing a mini PC powered by Intel Atom Z3735D quad core processor at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair, and the company has started taking OEM orders for $49 (MOQ 1000) for the barebone model without memory.

Mele_PCG03

Mele PCG03 Specifications:

• SoC – Intel Atom Z3735D “Bay Trail” quad core processor @ 1.33 GHz (Bust freq: 1.83 GHz) with Intel HD graphics
  • System Memory – Optional 1 or 2 GB DDR3
  • Storage – Optional 16, 32, or 64 GB eMMC + micro SD slot
  • Video Output – HDMI 1.4, VGA and Composite (RCA),
  • Audio I/F – HDMI, Stereo RCA, optical S/PDIF, and MIC and earphone jack.
  • Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
  • USB – 2x USB 2.0 host
  • Power Supply – N/A
    Mele_PCG03_Rear_Panel

The box will run either Windows 8.1 or Android. I’m a little confused to what “barebone” means for this type of mini PC because the DDR3 and eMMC chips are most probably soldered to the board, so a barebone model would simply be unusable. Or maybe my assumption is wrong, and you can insert SO-DIMM modules. On the video & audio front, Mele claims it can handle 4K UHD / 1080p videos and Live TV, VOD, XBMC, YouTube, Netflix… apps, as well as Dolby Digital and DTS.

Via Cngadget

Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples
newest most voted
ovi

This one will run openelec just fine 🙂 , thank you for sharing Jean-Luc

adem
adem
6 years ago

Status Launched Launch Date Q1’14 Processor Number Z3735D # of Cores 4 # of Threads 4 Clock Speed 1.33 GHz Burst Frequency 1.83 GHz L2 Cache 2 MB Instruction Set 64-bit Embedded Options Available No Lithography 22 nm Scenario Design Power (SDP) 2.2 W Recommended Customer Price N/A Datasheet Link Conflict Free Yes -Memory Specifications Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 2 GB Memory Types DDR3L-RS-1333 # of Memory Channels 1 Max Memory Bandwidth 10.6 GB/s -Graphics Specifications Processor Graphics ‡ Intel® HD Graphics Graphics Base Frequency 311 MHz Graphics Burst Frequency 646 MHz -Package Specifications Package Size 17mm… Read more »

Harley
Harley
6 years ago

Are these the new Intel Atom SoCs manufactured by Rockchip?

Barebone must mean a SO-DIMM module slot, just as Mini-ITX PCs.

Does it come with IR-receiver and/or a optional remote control?

Indy
Indy
6 years ago

Could it be possible to install Win 8 on SD Card?

CSylvain
CSylvain
6 years ago

Thank you for this wonderful news !
Finally very interesting prices for boxes Bay Trail, Mele did a very good gesture on price.
Strongly the test with reading several video formats !

Leo
6 years ago

No sata… No USB 3.0 … No gigabit LAN…

onebir
onebir
6 years ago

@Leo And aren’t these the Intel processors with a dodgy bootloader that makes installing Linux difficult?

nimeq
nimeq
6 years ago

@onebir I have a Onda V975w, which has a Z3735D. The bootloader is a standard UEFI x32 with the classic bios style configuration. I have gotten it to boot linux, but: 1. The storage subsystem has issues (Gives out errors, I can’t remember if I was able to mount it) 2. UEFI x32… practically noone makes images for UEFI x32, but I found a copy of grub from some fedora image that works as I was too lazy to build it. 3. There’s a odd timing issue, which causes keyboard input (OTG+Hub) to go through different repeat rates in steps.… Read more »

onebir
onebir
6 years ago

@nimeq Ta – sounds just as problematic as ARM linux. Not for me!

dhead666
dhead666
6 years ago

nimeq : @onebir I have a Onda V975w, which has a Z3735D. The bootloader is a standard UEFI x32 with the classic bios style configuration. I have gotten it to boot linux, but: 1. The storage subsystem has issues (Gives out errors, I can’t remember if I was able to mount it) 2. UEFI x32… practically noone makes images for UEFI x32, but I found a copy of grub from some fedora image that works as I was too lazy to build it. 3. There’s a odd timing issue, which causes keyboard input (OTG+Hub) to go through different repeat rates… Read more »

dhead666
dhead666

@dhead666
4. I meant the RTL8723AS driver from the github repo

onebir
onebir

Oooh – that’s great. Someone will iron out the problems I’m sure 🙂

fossxplorer
fossxplorer
6 years ago

Too bad it’s not based on the new Core M based on Broadwell die. They are supposed to run fanless and perform much better than this Atom Z3735D

Advertisements