Mele is currently showcasing a mini PC powered by Intel Atom Z3735D quad core processor at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair, and the company has started taking OEM orders for $49 (MOQ 1000) for the barebone model without memory.
Mele PCG03 Specifications:
- SoC – Intel Atom Z3735D “Bay Trail” quad core processor @ 1.33 GHz (Bust freq: 1.83 GHz) with Intel HD graphics
- System Memory – Optional 1 or 2 GB DDR3
- Storage – Optional 16, 32, or 64 GB eMMC + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4, VGA and Composite (RCA),
- Audio I/F – HDMI, Stereo RCA, optical S/PDIF, and MIC and earphone jack.
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host
- Power Supply – N/A
The box will run either Windows 8.1 or Android. I’m a little confused to what “barebone” means for this type of mini PC because the DDR3 and eMMC chips are most probably soldered to the board, so a barebone model would simply be unusable. Or maybe my assumption is wrong, and you can insert SO-DIMM modules. On the video & audio front, Mele claims it can handle 4K UHD / 1080p videos and Live TV, VOD, XBMC, YouTube, Netflix… apps, as well as Dolby Digital and DTS.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|