That’s it! The 64-bit ARM era is upon us! ARMv8 servers have been available to companies for a few months, entry-level 64-bit ARM smartphones such as HTC Desire 510 are coming soon, and so are low cost 64-bit ARM development boards, Nexus 9 tablet leaks (Tegra K1 64-bit) are flooding the blogosphere, and Cube T7 tablet / phablet powered by Mediatek MT8752 octa core Cortex A53 processor will start shipping next month, and is available for pre-order right now for about $200.
- SoC – Mediatek MT8752 Octa-core Cortex-A53 Processor @ 1.7 Ghz with Mali T-760 MP2 or T-764 GPU
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3L
- Storage – 16 GB flash + micro SD card slot up to 64 GB
- Display – 7″ capacitive touchscreen @ 1920×1200. 5 or 10-point multi-touch (TBC)
- Wireless Connectivity – Dual band WiFi (802.11 b/g/n and ac), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, A-GPS, FM Radio
- Cellular Networks:
- 1x SIM Card, 1x Standby micro SIM card
- 4G – FDD-LTE B1, FDD-LTE B3, FDD-LTE B7, TDD-LTE B38~41
- 3G – TD-SCDMA 2100MHz/1900MHz, WCDMA 850MHz/2100MHz
- 2G Network Frequencies – 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz
- Camera: 5MP back camera, 2MP front-facing camera
- Sensor – Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, Gyroscope
- USB – micro USB OTG port
- Audio – Built-in speaker and microphone, 3.5mm earphone jack
- Battery – 3500 mAh or 7,900 mAh depending where you read….
- Dimensions – 192 x 113 x 9.3 mm
- Weight – 280 grams
It’s a challenge to get the specs right, as listed specifications are not consistent across websites, some even list HDMI support. The tablet will run Android 4.4.4 operating systems (32-bit?), and come with a USB cable and a user’s manual. The company will also sell T8 and T9 tablets with respectively 8″ and 9″ displays, and there will be quad core models based on MT8732 quad core Cortex A53 LTE SoC.
Charbax filmed Alldocube company at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair, where they showcased Cube T7 tablet.
Cube T7 will start selling on November 11 in China, and it’s also available for pre-order on Tinydeals for $209.99, with shipping scheduled for November 25. Other sites have listed the tablet such as Merimobiles or Pompmall, and although they don’t seem quite ready for taking pre-orders just yet, price is shown as low as $199.99. Factory price starts at $145 per unit for 2k order.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|