Boardcon Embedded Design, an ODM providing industrial Computer-on-Module, and board, announced Compact A31S powered by Allwinner A31s quad core Cortex A7 processor, with 2GB RAM, 4GB eMMC, HDMI, LCD and VGA video outputs, and various other ports.
Boardcon Compact A31s hardware specifications:
- SoC – Allwinner A31s quad core ARM Cortex-A7 @ 1 GHz with 256 KB L1 cache, 1MB L2 cache, and PowerVR SGX544MP2 GPU compliant with OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenCL 1.x, DX 9_3
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 @ 1866MHz
- Storage – 4GB eMMC Flash + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4, VGA (up to 1280×800), and 40-pin FPC connector for LCD with capacitive touch screen support
- Audio Output – HDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity – 10/100M/1000M Ethernet, Wi-Fi
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x USB 2.0 OTG port
- Camera – CMOS Camera interface
- Expansion – 1x 20-pin expansion connector for GPIOs
- Misc – Real Time Clock, powered by external lithium battery, IrDA, 3x User buttons, for Volume +/-, menu
- Power Supply – 5V/2A, external battery support
- Dimensions – 92 x 65mm
The company provides an Android 4.2.2/4.4 SDK with uboot 2011.09, Linux 3.3, various drivers, gcc toolchain, as well as the tools for development including SecureCRT.exe, Ubuntu 12.04-64bit (VM?), and PhoenixSuit.
Boardcon did not reply to my email request for availability and pricing information. More details may be found on Broadcon Compact A31S product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.