Boardcon Embedded Design, an ODM providing industrial Computer-on-Module, and board, announced Compact A31S powered by Allwinner A31s quad core Cortex A7 processor, with 2GB RAM, 4GB eMMC, HDMI, LCD and VGA video outputs, and various other ports.
- SoC – Allwinner A31s quad core ARM Cortex-A7 @ 1 GHz with 256 KB L1 cache, 1MB L2 cache, and PowerVR SGX544MP2 GPU compliant with OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenCL 1.x, DX 9_3
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 @ 1866MHz
- Storage – 4GB eMMC Flash + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4, VGA (up to 1280×800), and 40-pin FPC connector for LCD with capacitive touch screen support
- Audio Output – HDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity – 10/100M/1000M Ethernet, Wi-Fi
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x USB 2.0 OTG port
- Camera – CMOS Camera interface
- Expansion – 1x 20-pin expansion connector for GPIOs
- Misc – Real Time Clock, powered by external lithium battery, IrDA, 3x User buttons, for Volume +/-, menu
- Power Supply – 5V/2A, external battery support
- Dimensions – 92 x 65mm
The company provides an Android 4.2.2/4.4 SDK with uboot 2011.09, Linux 3.3, various drivers, gcc toolchain, as well as the tools for development including SecureCRT.exe, Ubuntu 12.04-64bit (VM?), and PhoenixSuit.
Boardcon did not reply to my email request for availability and pricing information. More details may be found on Broadcon Compact A31S product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|