Canonical unveiled Ubuntu Touch for Phones & Tablets early 2013, launched an impressive yet failed crowdfunding campaign for Ubuntu Edge smartphone in Summer 2013, and after many more months of development, Ubuntu Touch phones are expected by the end of the year with Ubuntu version of Meizu MX3/MX4 and BQ Aquaris. Ubuntu Touch tablets may be coming soon as Phoronix has been informed of an upcoming UT One tablet powered by Intel Atom Z3735D and running Ubuntu Touch.
UT One specifications:
- SoC – Intel Atom Bay Trail-T Z3735D quad core processor @ 1.33 to 1.5 GHz with Intel HD Graphics Gen 7.
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3L
- Storage – 16 GB internal flash + micro SD slot
- Display – 10.1″ IPS LCD with 1280×800 resolution. 10-point touch screen
- Video Output – micro HDMI
- Audio I/O – 3.5mm audio port, HDMI, 2x built-in speakers
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, and support for 3G via external USB dongle
- USB – 1x USB host port?
- Camera – 2MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera
- Misc – Power on/off switch, volume buttons,
- Battery – 7,900 mAh battery for up to 8 hours use.
- Dimensions – 254 x 170 x 10 mm
- Weight – 636 grams
That’s about all we know from the leak. However, I’ve noticed a website called mastermindtec.com that’s currently in maintenance, but that still have some information about UT One stored in Google Cache, so it’s probably real. Pictures from the cache are probably taken from Ubuntu website, and not the actual tablet pictures. There’s also a string “Pre-
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.