Here’s yet again another low cost Wi-Fi board for the internet of things with Hi-Link HLK-M30 StartKit featuring an HLK-M30 Wi-Fi module powered by Mediatek MT7681 SoC, exposing 5 GPIOs, and a serial RS-232 DB9 interface. AFAICR, it’s the second MT7681 board featured on CNX Software after xWiFi.
Key feature of HLK-M30 Wi-Fi module and Starter Kit:
- SoC – Mediatek MT7681 WiSoC
- Standards – 802.11b/g/n
- Wi-Fi encryption: WEP/WPA-TKIP/WPA-AES/WPA2-TKIP/WPA2-AES
- STA/AP mode
- Protocols supported by MT7681 – TCP Server/Client, UDP Server/Client, DHCP, DNS, HTTP
- Internal and external antennas
- Serial – DB9 connector for RS-232
- 2.54mm through holes for 3.3V/GND, Tx/Rx, and GPIO 1 0 to 4.
- 4-pin SPI interface to flash firmware to IC (not usable by end users)
- Misc – Test LEDs
- Power – 5V power barrel
- Dimensions – 14.1 x 16.5 x 2.25 mm (Module size). PCB size: Unknown.
Documentation including User’s manual and AT command sets, windows based tool, and hardware design files for the kit can be downloaded from Baidu. HLK-M30 module is expected to be used in smart sockets, smart light bulbs, ODB-II Wi-Fi dongles, RFID, toys, industrial automation, telemetry, remote controls, and so on.
HLK-M30 StartKit can be purchased for $10 + shipping on Aliexpress, and HKL-M30 module only for $5.50 + shipping. You can save one or two dollars if you pledge for the module or kit on Indiegogo instead, but you’ll have to wait for 3 weeks until the campaign closes to getting the hardware shipped.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|