Free Electrons is a small (9 people) engineering company focusing on embedded Linux / Android, and open source software, which also happens to have ported several ARM SoC to the mainline kernel. From time to time, they also offer training sessions, and release course materials publicly. Their latest training is a 3-day course dealing with the Yocto Project and OpenEmbedded, using BeagbleBone Black development board for lab sessions, and all materials have been released under a Creative Commons license.
- Understanding the Yocto Project
- Using it to build a root filesystem and run it on your target
- Writing and extending recipes
- Creating layers
- Integrating your board in a BSP
- Creating custom images
- Application development with an Eclipse SDK
Three files are released:
- yocto-slides.pdf – Yocto Project and OpenEmbedded Training presentation slides (245 pages) give an overview of various build systems, before getting more details about the Yocto Project, and Poky distributions.
- yocto-labs.pdf – Practical sessions with BeagleBone Black board and a Nunchuk (Wii Remote).
- yocto-labs.tar.xz – Lab data consisting of a script, and a few patches
If you are interested in attending an actual training session, the company organizes a course in Toulouse, France on November 18-20, which costs 1690 Euros per attendee.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|