I’ve been informed that GeekBuying is running a promotion for a Rockchip RK3288 TV Box called TV01II that normally sells for $75.99,
but you can follow this link, apply PAYPALSALE coupon, and pay by PayPal to get it for just $53.19 including shipping by registered mail. [Update: The product is now out of stock].
- SoC – Rockchip RK3288 quad core ARM Cortex A17 processor @ 1.8GHz with ARM Mali-T764 quad-core 3D GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.0, OpenCL 1.1, and DirectX11
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND Flash + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 up to 4K @ 30fps, AV port
- Audio I/O – HDMI, AV, and optical S/PDIF, built-in MIC.
- Video Codecs – MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4,H.263, H.264, H.265,AVS, VC-1,RV, VP6/VP8, Sorenson Spark, MVC 3800 x 2160P 60FPS
- Audio Codecs – MPEG1, MPEG2 (Layer I/II), MP3, AC3, E-AC3, AAC-M4A, WMA, M4A, etc…
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6330)
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports including one OTG port.
- Misc – Power LED, reset button, and IR receiver.
- Power – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – N/A
- Weight – N/A
The box runs the usual Android 4.4.2, and ships with a 5V/2A power adapter, an IR remote control, HDMI and AV cables,a USB cable for the OTG port, and a user’s manual. The stock firmware (TV01II_0916-T032_AP6330_public_20140910.rar, password: geekbuying.com) has been released, but no other updates have been provided since September, so I’m not sure you should expect further updates. I can’t find any review either, but others on Freaktab may have decided to buy it.
Thanks to Christophe for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.