If you are looking for deals, when new products come to market, older devices are usually sold at a deep discount, and sometimes you also have the advantage of getting a firmware that has gone through various iterations, and that’s more stable than the ones pre-loaded on new devices. We’ve already seen MK813 quad core TV box selling for less than $50, but it lacks Ethernet, and today I’ve been informed of another Rockchip RK3188 device with similar specifications but with an Ethernet port called FVIEW U2 that’s currently selling for $53 on Buyincoins.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3188 quad Cortex-A9 CPU @ 1.6 GHz + Mali-400 MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND Flash + SD slot (Up to 32GB)
- 10/100M Ethernet
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n with external antenna
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio Output – HDMI + optical S/PDIF
- Video Codecs (Decode) – MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264 (up to 60 Mbps), AVS, VC-1, RV, VP6/VP8, Sorenson Spark, MVC @ 1080p60
- Video Codecs (Encode) – H.264, VP8, and MVC @ 1080p
- Audio Codecs – MP1, MP2, MP3,WMA,WAV,OGG,OGA,APE,FLAC,AAC,M4A,3GPP…etc
- Camera – 2MP camera
- USB – 3x USB host ports
- Misc – IR port, recovery button, power button
- Power – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 13.60 x 13.60 x 2.4 cm
4.4 4.2 box is sold with an infrared remote control, a USB cable, a power adapter, and a user’s manual. So no HDMI cable based on the description, but according to a picture on Buyincoins, you’d get an HDMI cable, and no USB cable. I’ve been looking if the device was popular and had some supports on the Internet, but no luck, and I could not find the firmware either. Somebody provided a link to pictures of the board, which could could a clue to the hardware and alternative firmwares, but Google Drive asks for permissions, and I haven’t been able to access them yet. The company that made the box is called Shenzhen Firstview Electronics, but there’s nothing in their download section at all.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|