2015 will clearly be the year of 64-bit ARM processors, and one more company has now announced yet another ARMv8 SoC. Action Semi ATM9009 features four Cortex A53 cores coupled with an Imagination Technologies PowerVR GPU and targets entry-level and mid-range tablets and TV boxes, and certainly not high-end products as per the press release.
- Processor – Quad core Cortex A53 processor to 1.8 GHz
- GPU – PowerVR G6230 up to 600 MHz with support for OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.0, OpenCL 1.1, and DirectX 10
- Memory I/F – eMMC 4.5, NAND flash controller, 4x SD/SDIO controller, DDR3/DDR3L and LPDDR2/LPDDR1 (Up to 8GB RAM)
- Video – HEVC/H.265 video decoding up to 30 fps, H.265 encoder up to 1080p60
- Display / Video Ouptut – LCD controller up to 4K, HDMI 1.4, MHL 2.1, dual channel LVDS , MIPI DSI, eDP up to 2560×1600
- Camera I/F – MIPI CSI up to 13MP
- Other Interfaces:
- 10/100M Ethernet MAC
- 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0 OTG
- 4x SPI, 7x UART, 6x TWI, 1x PWM
- 2x I2S, 2x PCM, SPDIF
- Security – ARM TrustZone, AES-128 encryption,Secure Boot, etc…
- Process – 28nm
- Package – TFBGA642 (19x19mm)
The processor will run Android 5.0 at first. It’s unclear when products based on ATM9009 will become available, except it’s sometimes in 2015.