Android games are fun to play… on smartphones and tablets, but if you want to play such games on a TV screen via an Android mini PC, it can become more problematic, as most of the games were designed for touchscreen, so you have to be prepare to juggle between input devices.. In my reviews, I have to play Candy Crush Saga with an air mouse, and I switch to a wireless gamepad for racing games such as Riptide GP2 or Beach Buggy Racing, while some games are simply not playable at all without touch emulation, unless you install a software remote such as Droidmote on your smartphone, and use the latter as a controller, which may not be ideal either. ZRRO, an Israeli company, came with a new package comprised of an Android game console (ZRRO Box), and a game controller (ZRRO Pad) featuring a hover and touch surface to play games, and a few buttons to control android.
- SoC – Amlogic S802 quad core Cortex A9 processor @ 2.0 GHz with 8 core Mali-450MP6 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB RAM
- Storage – 16GB flash + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4a up to 4K @ 30Hz (for videos and pictures)
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Power Supply – N/A
- Dimensions – N/A
- Weight – N/A
ZRRO Pad specifications:
- Multi-finger hover & touch finger powered by Ztouch technology combining mutual capacitance and self-capacitance sensors
- Buttons – On/Off, Volume, Recent, Home, and Back
So they did not provide that many technical details,. but I assume the controller communicates with the box via a 2.4GHz RF connection, as commonly found on many other input devices. If you wonder if you could just buy the controller, the answer is unfortunately no, simply because the Android firmware needs to be modified.
The company intends to raise $200,000 via a Kickstarter campaign, and after about a day, they’ve managed to reach over $50,000 so far. The cheapest Early bird perk ($149) is now sold out, but there’s still a $179 early bird perk including ZRRO Box, Pad, and Armor (a case). Once these are sold your you can get the box and controller for $199. Delivery is scheduled for October 2015, and shipping is included.