TechNexion Toucan-0700 is an HMI (Human Machine Interface) panel based on Freescale i.MX6 modules and a baseboard following EDM standard for system-on-modules. The 7″ panel PC features the same EDM1-CF-IMX6 SoM used in Wandboard development boards, and runs various Linux distributions, as well as Android 4.3 or 4.4.
- SoC – Freescale i.MX6 Solo/Duallite Cortex A9 processor with Vivante GPUs (i.MX6 Dual/Quad on request)
- System Memory – 512MB (Solo), 1GB (Duallite)
- Storage – 4GB eMMC + micro SD slot
- Display – 7″ LCD display with LED backlight, 1024×600 resolution; 16M colors; 500 cd/m²; 4 points touchscreen
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 for external display
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet with POE function 802.3at, and optional WiFi 802.11 b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0 (Broadcom BCM4330)
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x USB OTG 3.0 connector, 2x internal pin headers
- Serial – 1x RS-232 (galvanic isolated), 1x RS-232/422/485 (galvanic isolated), 2x Flex CAN version 2.0B Compliant (galvanic isolated)
- Other I/Os and expansions
- 4x GPIO
- 1x internal pin header (if touchpanel is not used)
- Audio speaker connectors (Left / Right) (2 Watt pre-amplified)
- Misc – 1x Reset button, 1x Boot select button (force SD card boot)
- Power Supply –
- 10~30VDC via 2 pin DC power terminal block
- 36~57VDC Power over Ethenet (PoE) 802.3at
- Power Consumption – 7 Watt
- Dimensions – 184 (W) x 122 (H) x 30 (D) mm
- Weight 595 grams
- Temperature Range – Operation 0° to 60° C; Storage: -20° to 70° C
- Relative Humidity – 10 – 90%
- MTBF – 50,000 hours
- Shock – 50G / 25 ms; Vibration 20G / 0-600 Hz
- Certifications – CE, FCC, RoHS, REACh directives
Mounting can be achieved via 4 mounting clips (included), or an optional 35×75 VESA Mount (MIS C. Standard). You find hardware and software documentation, as well as Linux 3.x, Yocto 1.5, Ubuntu 12.04, Android 4.3 (jellybean), Android 4.4 (Kitkat) images, and Linux 3.0.35 SDK on Toucan-0700 Documentation and Downloads page.
Toucan-0700 HMI panel appears to be available now. Further information can be fond on TechNexion’s Toucan-0700 product page. The product can also be purchased in Europe via DENX Computer or Texim Europe, which lists the product for 540.09 Euros without Wi-FI/Bluetooth, and 584.00 Euros with.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|