Kodi 15 Isengard got its first public Alpha release, with 400 pull-request for code merges, 1322 commits and thousands of code lines changed compared to Kodi 14 release with modifications of all operating systems ports, and changes to newer OS versions.
- Added adaptive seeking through audio and video playback, also know as “skip steps”
- Android HEVC H.265 HW decode support for some chipsets
- Improved webserver caching control
- External subtitles over UPnP
- Allow scanning of new sources and marking as watched during other library operations such as “update library”
- Allow different sort orders for different sort methods
- Start of integration binary add-ons and changing the build system around it
- Improved CC (Closed Captions) support for Live TV
- ffmpeg 2.5.4 update
- Remove remaining SDL code
- New OS Requirements:
- Minimal Mac OSX 10.7 Lion requirements (Only OSX 64-bit builds provided, no more 32bit builds)
- Minimal iOS 5.1 required
- iOS 8.1 SDK & MacOSX 10.10 SDK
- Minimum Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1 required (OT: Not a good day for older Android versions, as the Chrome browser won’t be updated for Android ICS anymore). You’ll get the message “there was a problem parsing the package” if your version if not compatible.
- Android API 17 as minimum with SDK 14 and NDK 10e
- ATV2 support dropped
- Android TV platform should now be fully supported (side-loading still required)
- Removed the need for root/SU on Android
- Android PIL packaging fixed
- Changed code to C++11
- Variety of memleaks, segfaults, crashes and minors fixed
- General improvements regarding code stability and performance in all areas
- General code clean-up in all areas to simplify adding future features
Thanks to Harley for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|