Linaro announced the 96Boards initiative at Linaro Connect Hong Kong last month, and in collarabation with Huawei announced Hikey development board following this new standard. Qualcomm has now joined the Fray with Dragonboard 410c, a 96Boards board powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 quad core Cortex A53 processor.
Dragonboard 410c specifications:
- SoC- Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (APQ8016) quad-core ARM CortexA53 @ 1.2 GHz with Adreno 306 GPU @ 400MHz
- System Memory – LPDDR2/3 533MHz, Single-channel 32-bit (4.2GBps)
- Storage – eMMC 4.51 + micro SD 3.0 (UHS-I)
- Video Output – HDMI up to 1080p
- Connectivity – Integrated 802.11 b/g/n, BT/FM, GPS
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port.
- Camera – Support for 13 MP camera with Wavelet Noise Reduction, JPEG decoder, and other post-processing techniques done in hardware
- 1x 40 pin low speed expansion connector – UART, SPI, I2S, I2C x2, GPIO x12, DC power
- 1x 60 pin high speed expansion connector – 4L-MIPI DSI, USB, I2C x2, 2L+4LMIPI CSI
- Analog expansion connector – Headset, Speaker, FM antenna
- Arduino compatibility through mezzanine board
- Power Supply – 6.5 – 18V DC input
The board will support Linux and Android, and target embedded computing and Internet of Everything (IoE) products, such as robotics, cameras, medical devices, vending machines, smart buildings, digital signage, casino gaming consoles, etc…
That’s about all we know for now, except it will be launched in summer 2015. You can register your interest on Qualcomm’s DragonBoard 410c page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|