Intel announced three Atom x3 processors combining x86 cores with ARM Mali GPU a couple of months ago, and Intel Atom x3-C3130, the lower end processor with two x86 cores up to 1.0 GHz, an ARM Mali-400MP2 GPU and a 2G/3G modem, can already be found in Teclast X70 7″ Android tablet selling for just $70 on GeekBuying, Tinydeal, and probably others Chinese online retailers.
- SoC – Intel Atom x3-C3130 dual x86 core processor @ up to 1GHz with Mali-400MP2 GPU @ 533 MHz
- System Memory – 512MB LPDDR2
- Storage – 4GB eMMC + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Display – 7″ touchscreen (5-point) with 1024×600 resolution
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Cellular Connectivity – Built-in 3G modem (WCDMA 2100MHz l 2G: 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz); two standard SIM slots
- Camera – 2MP rear camera, 0.3MP front-facing camera
- Audio – Stereo speakers, built-in microphone, 3.5mm headphone jack
- USB – 1x micro USB OTG port
- Sensors – Gravity sensor
- Misc- Volume and power buttons, vibrating motor
- Battery – 3,000 mAh Li-Ion
- Dimensions – 187 x 113 x 9 mm
- Weight – 266 grams
The tablet runs Android 4.4, and should come with a micro USB cable, a 5V/2A power adapter, and a user’s manual. Companies also promote it as a phablet, as the 2G/3G modem is not only for data, and you can make phone calls. Memory is tight, and screen resolution very low, but at least it’s very cheap.
Thanks to onebir for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.