Intel has already announced several Braswell processors as successors for Bay Trail-M processor with 4 to 6W TDP and 14nm manufacturing process. Two of these, namely Intel Celeron N3050 (dual core) and Pentium 3700 (quad core), have fund their way into the latest Intel NUCs that are currently listed for $140 and $180 in the US with the official release date fixed on June 8.
The dual core version is called NUC5CPYH, while the quad core is NUC5PPYH. Both share the following specs:
- Intel Celeron N3050 dual core processor @ up to 2.16 GHz with 2MB cache, Intel HD Graphics @ 600 MHz max, 6W TDP
- Intel Pentium N3700 quad core processor @ up to 2.4 GHz with 2MB cache, Intel HD Graphics @ 700 MHZ max, 6W TDP
- Memory – 1x DDR3L SODIMM 1.35V, 1333/1600 MHz up to 8GB maximum
- Storage – 1x SATA @ 6.0 Gbps for 2.5¨ HDD or SSD up to 9.5mm thick, 1x SDXC slot
- Video Output – 1x HDMI 1.4b, 1x optional VGA port
- Audio I/O – HDMI audio, 3.5mm jack for microphone/headphone, and mini optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet port (Realtel 8111HN), Dual band Wireless-AC 3165 module installed in M.2 slot supporting 802.11ac up to 433Mbps, 1×1 WiFi, and dual mode Bluetooth 4.0.
- USB – 2 x USB 3.0 port on the front panel (including an Orange one that is charging capable), 2 x USB 3.0 ports on the back panel, 2x USB 2.0 internal ports with one reserved for M.2 module.
- Misc – Front panel consumer IR sensor, Kensington lock support, power button, LEDs, RTC + battery
- Power Supply – 19V
- Dimensions – 101.6mm x 101.6mm
The mini PC comes with a fan, so if you are looking for a fanless system, you’ll need to find something else. Intel NUC do not come with memory and storage, so you’d probably need to add around $100 to the prices listed above to get a fully working system. Benchmark results don’t seem to be available for these recent Braswell processors.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|