Ruach A20 was a media player based on Allwinner A20 processor released about a year ago. Now Ruach Electronics launched an updated model featuring Rockchip RK3128 quad core Cortex A7 processor with the somewhat confusing name Ruach A20s.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3128 quad core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.2 GHz with ARM Mali-400MP2 GPU @ 500 MHz
- System Memory – 1 GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 GB NAND flash
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 up to 1080p, composite (RCA)
- Audio Output – HDMI, stereo audio output (RCA)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR sensor, power button (mechanical On/Off switch), recovery pin hole
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 11.8 x 7.8 x 3.0 cm
The features and ports are just like the older model, so the main difference is really only the Rockchip processor. The model still lacks a micro SD card and Bluetooth. It runs Android 4.4 with Kodi pre-installed. The company released the factory firmware, which you can upgrade using the usual method, but I would not expect regular firmware update for this product.
Ruach A20s is the cheapest RK3128 based product so far as it sells for about $35 on Aliexpress including shipping, and there’s also a version with 512MB RAM, that’s supposed to be cheaper, but for some reasons ends up costing the same once shipping is included. You may notice lots of orders and positive feedback on Aliexpress, but this was for the previous model, and they just updated the information, so this may not be relevant to that particular product. Nevertheless, Ruach A20s is still significantly cheaper than F6 TV Box ($42), or FirePrime board, which has just been listed for $69 + shipping. However, the board has some extra features (Bluetooth, GbE, ore USB port…), runs both Android 5.1 and Ubuntu 15.04. and is likely to have much better support.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|