If you need your Android TV box to record external video via HDMI, few options are available on the market, and one of them is Zidoo X9. It works relatively well, and gets frequent firmware update. It now costs around $120, but Tronsmart has now launched a model based on the same Mstar MSO9810 processor with HDMI recording function that costs $89.90 shipped on GeekBuying or Ebay.
Tronsmart Pavo M9 specifications:
- SoC – Mstar MSO9180D1R quad core Cortex A9 processor up to 1.5GHz with a Mali-450MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Video Output / Input – HDMI output up to 4K, HDMI input with PVR and Time Shifting support (up to 1080p), and AV port (Composite + stereo audio)
- Audio I/O – HDMI Out and In, AV, and optical S/PDIF
- (Main) Video Codecs – H265, VC-1, WMV-HD, MPEG1/2/4 up to 4Kx2K, etc..
- Audio Codec – MP3, AAC, AC3, DTS-HD Master, TrueHD 7.1 pass-through, etc…
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (Realtek 8188)
- USB – 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0 host ports.
- Misc – ON/OFF switch, IR receiver
- Power Supply – 12V/2A
- Dimensions – 15.24 x 15.24 x 4.06 cm
- Weight – ~260 grams
Compared to Zidoo X9, you’ll have to trade the aluminum enclosure for plastic one. you’ll lose Bluetooth, Wi-Fi only support 2.4GHz (no 5.0 GHz), the two external antennas are gone, and so is the small LCD display on the front panel, and finally the system features 1GB RAM instead of the 2GB RAM found in Zidoo X9.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.