Zidoo X9 is an Android TV box powered by Mstar MSO9810 quad core processor, with an HDMI input port that allows video recording up to 1080p, and that’s the only device that could properly display pictures and play videos at 4K resolution (Up to 30Hz) in a recent test. You can buy on GearBest for $120 with coupon, but GeekBuying has launched a promotion where the first 100 orders can get the device for just $99.99.
Here are the specifications as a reminder:
- SoC – Mstar MSO9180D1R quad core Cortex A9 processor up to 1.5GHz with octa-core ARM Mali-450MP6 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Video Output / Input – HDMI output up to 4K, HDMI input with PVR and Time Shifting support, and AV port (Composite + stereo audio)
- Audio I/O – HDMI Out and In, AV, and optical S/PDIF
- (Main) Video Codecs – H265, VC-1, WMV-HD, MPEG1/2/4 up to 4Kx2K, etc..
- Audio Codec – MP3, AAC, AC3, DTS-HD Master, TrueHD 7.1 pass-through, etc…
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, Dual band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (MT7632 module), Bluetooth 4.0. Dual external antennas.
- USB – 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0 host ports.
- Misc – ON/OFF switch, reset pinhole, LCD display on front panel
- Power Supply – N/A
- Dimensions – 187 x 127 x 27 mm (aluminum enclosure)
The device is running Android 4.4, and video recording can be done either their HDMI In app or Kodi.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|